Studio Pip prides itself on using quality, natural materials, and designs focus on longevity, thereby using only quality grade timber and timber veneer products. The following information aims to outline some tips for general care and point out some information about prolonging the life of your handcrafted design.
Timber is a natural product and has characteristics that make each piece of furniture unique and individual. Natural timber and veneer finishes will show distinctive markings, patterns and colour variations which are evidence of being produced from genuine timber materials.
Mineral streaks, grain variations, knots, pitch pockets, colour variations and other markings occur naturally. Variations and other markings create a natural beauty unique to your timber furniture.
- To look after timber furniture, protect all surfaces from hot items using heat protective coverings. Coasters should be used to prevent stains, ring marks or scratches occurring from items such as cups, glasses and vases.
- Exposure to continuous direct sunlight should be avoided. Extended exposure can create hairline cracks in the finish or can affect the colour by fading or darkening. Arranging furniture away from direct sunlight is recommended and using window treatments to block out ultra violet rays. The aging of timber includes a “mellowing” that may cause a natural darkening of timber. This is not considered a defect.
- Avoid scratching or knocking with hard or sharp edges and use a soft damp cloth for cleaning.
- Liquid spills should be wiped quickly to avoid surface damage. Always ensure the surface is completely dry after cleaning. Avoid spilling alcohol or solvents such as nail polish remover.
- Due to the natural limitations of timber and timber veneer, grain and colour consistency cannot be guaranteed. Variations of grain and colour occur naturally and these may be evident in the finished product.
- Please note that as wood is a natural material, light tone differences among the various elements that make up the product may occur. Moreover, if the products are purchased in different periods, the elapsed time and climatic conditions can cause variations in colour and/or tonality.
Design and Custom Building
Due to the unique nature of custom building, drawings and designs are indicative only. We reserve the right to build these items to our specifications and to modify the accepted design/drawings at our discretion during the manufacturing process. Any modifications to original designs will be to satisfy our manufacturing techniques.
Finishes / Samples
All samples provided are indicative only. We cannot take responsibility for variations of the finished product due to technical, natural and environmental conditions.
Whilst we offer colour matching to samples provided by our clients, we cannot take responsibility for variations in finishes due to technical, natural and environmental conditions. Colour samples must be provided prior to production and an additional charge may occur for this request. Please note that colours may also vary in between batches, if colour matching is not completed within the same period. Colours / stains change over time and it becomes more difficult to match multiple periods that have been stained over different time periods.
We thank you for choosing an authentic Studio Pip design. Our love of natural materials and sincere design combine to create beautiful pieces, designed and made in Australia.